- Trinity College (B.A. 1976).
- Stanford University (J.D. 1979).
Bar & Court Admissions
- 1980, California.
Stanley E. Goldich
10100 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90067-4003
Mr. Goldich’s legal practice primarily encompasses representation of debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees and other parties in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. He also regularly consults on conflicts and ethics issues in the firm’s chapter 11 cases and is a former chair of the LACBA Ethics Committee, which he served on for over fifteen years. His current and recent matters include work as special plan counsel for the chapter 11 trustees in the jointly administered cases of Namco Capital and Ezri Namvar, representation of the liquidating trustee in the affiliated cases of People’s Choice Home Loan, assistance in debtor and committee representations in the Solyndra and Digital Domain Media Group cases, and successful confirmation of a chapter 11 plan in an individual chapter 11 case involving a dozen unsecured lender guaranty claims totaling over $130 million. In addition to playing a lead role as debtor's counsel in many successful chapter 11 reorganizations and going-concern sales, Mr. Goldich's creditors’ committee practice includes the chapter 11 proceedings of B.U.M. International and American Adventure, where committee-sponsored plans of reorganization were confirmed.
He is a graduate of Trinity College and received his J.D. from Stanford University Law School, and holds an AV Preeminent Peer Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest recognition for ethical standards and legal ability. Mr. Goldich is admitted to practice in California and is a resident in our Los Angeles office.
- "Plain Meaning Rules: Did BAPCPA Abolish the Absolute-Priority Rule?" 31 American Bankruptcy Institute Journal 34 (No. 5 June 2012)
- Coauthor with Richard Pachulski, "Representation of Affliliated Corporate Entities in Chapter 11 Cases: Conflicts of Interest and Disclosure Issues," for the 17th Annual California Bankruptcy Forum (May 13-15, 2005)
Programs and Lectures
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Strafford CLE, CLE International