For more information, contact Committee counsel:
10100 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90067
- Docket as of 7/26/13
- Calendar as of 7/26/13
- Chapter 11 petition
- List of 20 largest creditors - amended
- Committee appointment notice - amended
- Summary of Schedules
- Statement of Financial Affairs
- Notice of Bar Date - last day to file claims
- Second Amended Disclosure Statement Regarding First Amended Liquidating Plan (Plan is exhibit 1 to disclosure statement)
- Notice of disclosure statement approval, confirmation hearing, and deadlines relating to plan confirmation
San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care Corporation
This site has been created to provide unsecured creditors with information about the pending chapter 11 bankruptcy case of San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care Corporation and to solicit and receive comments.
NOTICE: The deadline for creditors to file proofs of claim against the debtor in this case was April 26, 2013. The deadline for objections to confirmation of the First Amended Liquidating Plan must be filed no later than August 19, 2013. Any such plan objections must be in writing, be accompanied by a memorandum of points and authorities and any supporting evidence, and must be served on the following so as to be received by the August 19 deadline:
- The Office of the United States Trustee
- United States Trustee
- United States Department of Justice
- 402 West Broadway, Suite 600
- San Diego, CA 92101
- Counsel to the debtor
- Jeffrey Isaacs, Esq.
- PROCOPIO, CORY, HARGREAVES & SAVITCH LLP
- 525 B Street, Suite 2200
- San Diego, CA 92101A
- Counsel to the committee
- Samuel R. Maizel, Esq.
- Scotta E. McFarland, Esq.
- PACHULSKI STANG ZIEHL & JONES LLP
- 10100 Santa Monica Blvd., 13th Floor
- Los Angeles, CA 90067-4003
Any plan objections not timely filed and served may be deemed waived.
The San Diego Hospice Chapter 11 Case
On February 4, 2013, San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care Corporation ("San Diego Hospice") commenced chapter 11 case number 13-01179 in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California in San Diego, California ("Bankruptcy Court"). The Honorable Margaret M. Mann is the presiding judge.
San Diego Hospice Committee Appointment
On February 14, 2003, the United States Trustee appointed the committee of creditors holding unsecured claims in the San Diego Hospice case ("Committee") and, on February 19, an amended notice of appointment was filed. Current members are Brookwood Crossroads Investors, Medline Industries, Outcome Resources, GlenBrook Skilled Nursing, and Departure. The Committee has selected Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones LLP ("PSZJ") as its counsel; bankruptcy court approval is pending. Sam Maizel and Teddy Kapur are the principal attorneys at PSZJ responsible for this engagement. To date, no other committees have been appointed in the case.
For More Information
Please contact Sam Maizel or Teddy Kapur with any questions, comments, or requests regarding the San Diego Hospice bankruptcy case (click on name to email or telephone at 310.277.6910). For information on how to gain access to documents filed in these cases (in addition to the selected documents available on this page), please click on the “Register as a PACER User” link.