The firm represents domestic companies engaged in international commercial activities as well as foreign entities doing business or involved in litigation or transactions in the United States. The firm counsels its international clients regarding a variety of complex financing, restructuring, general corporate, and debtor-creditor matters and has experience in international or "cross border" insolvency cases. In recognition of the increasing two-way investment flow between the United States and China as well as other countries in the Asia/Pacific region, the firm has a growing practice and an expanding presence in this area. The firm has established working relationships with counsel in many countries throughout the world.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
The firm is representing Samsung as a creditor in the bankruptcy case of semiconductor company Conexant Systems, Inc.
STATS ChipPAC Ltd.
The firm represented this Singapore-based company as a creditor in the bankruptcy case of semiconductor company Conexant Systems, Inc.
China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation (SINOSURE)
The firm served as principal counsel to China's insurer of over $130 billion of annual export debt and its Chinese manufacturer policyholders and clients in United States insolvency matters, including representations on creditors' committees.
Mitsumi Electronics Corporation
The firm regularly counsels this high-technology client in business, litigation, and licensing and trade-secret issues relating to debtor-creditor relations, including as a creditors' committee member in the Smith Corona chapter 11 case. Mitsumi manufactures components for computers and other electronic products.
The firm has represented this Japanese bank in several matters over the years, including a large restructuring.
We have represented this Taiwan high-technology company in the formation and capitalization of several entities in both the United States and the Cayman Islands. We have also assisted VIA in structuring equity incentive plans for two of its affiliates, negotiating with potential venture capital investors, advising VIA on general corporate and securities law issues.
Worldwide Restaurant Concepts, Inc.
The firm represented this company in a variety of matters, including the reorganization of WRC's Australian division and advice regarding the establishment of a Chinese joint venture.
The firm represented Maxide Acquisition, Inc. in the sale of stock of its foreign subsidiaries located in Australia, Canada, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
The firm represented this Switzerland-based parent of the Elite Worldwide Modeling Agency in the bankruptcy of its U.S. subsidiary, Elite Model Management of New York.
The firm represented this Spanish cork supplier in a workout with its largest U.S. customer.
The firm represented this bank, later Paribas, in several loan workouts and chapter 11 cases.
A cross-border reorganization in Toronto, Canada, and Oakland, California.
Banco di Roma
The firm represented this Italian bank in a workout and bankruptcy case.
Banco di Sicilia
The firm represented this Italian bank in a workout.
- May 2014
- Teddy Kapur Selected to Participate in International Insolvency Institute NextGen Leadership ProgramMay 2013
- Pachulski Bulletin No. 13, April 2013
- May 2012
- Presented to the INSOL International Seoul One-Day Seminar, February 2017
- Potential Risks and Lessons for Debtor-Licensors in Chapter 15 Cases Based on Recent Fourth Circuit DecisionInternational Bar Association: Insolvency and Restructuring International, September 2014
- May 2011
- 27 ABI Journal No. 3 at 26 (April 2008), April 2008
- INSOL International Seoul One-Day SeminarSeoul, South Korea, February 23, 2017
- American Bankruptcy Institute Crossborder Insolvency ProgramNew York, November 14, 2016
- Canadian Bar Association 12th Annual National Insolvency ConferenceChicago, September 30, 2016
- International Insolvency Institute 16th Annual ConferenceTokyo, Japan, June 5, 2016
- Mexican Bar AssociationMexico City, Mexico, April 26, 2016
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors’ 14th Annual Advanced Restructuring & Plan of Reorganization ConferenceNew York, November 2, 2015
- American Bankruptcy Institute / New York University School of LawBeijing, China, October 20, 2015
- Sun Yat-sen University School of Business and China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation (SINOSURE)Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China, April 17, 2015
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association 26th Annual ConferenceScottsdale, Arizona, November 7, 2014
- Critical Insights on the European Insolvency Regulation Review Process and Challenges Presented by the 2014 Commission RecommendationsInternational Insolvency Institute 14th Annual ConferenceMexico City, Mexico, June 9, 2014
- Fourth UNCITRAL International Insolvency Law ColloquiumVienna, Austria, December 2013
- What Will the Future Insolvency Reform Work of UNCITRAL Be and Major Changes by UNCITRAL to the Guide to Enactment as to COMI DeterminationABA Business Law Section International Bankruptcy Subcommittee at National Conference of Bankruptcy JudgesAtlanta, October 31, 2013
- Meeting the Challenges of Cross-Border Insolvencies & Restructurings: Examining Trends and Streamlining ProceduresCanadian Institute's 12th Annual Forum on Insolvency & Restructuring LawToronto ON, October 2, 2012
- AIJA/LACBA International Law SectionLong Beach CA, October 14, 2011
- Seventh Annual Pan-Canadian Insolvency and Restructuring Law ConferenceToronto ON, September 23, 2011
- AIPLA Spring MeetingSan Francisco, May 13, 2011
- Canadian Institute's 11th Annual Forum on Advanced Commercial Insolvency & RestructuringJanuary 19, 2011
- Pennsylvania Bar InstitutePhiladelphia, September 28, 2010
- ABI Third Hawaii Bankruptcy WorkshopKamuela HI, August 13, 2010
- 2010 - A Year of Economic Transition in China and the United States: Risks and Opportunities for Chinese CompaniesALB In-House Legal Summit ChinaBeijing, China, November 26, 2009