- Yeshiva University (B.A., cum laude, 1998)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D. 2001)
- Law clerk, Judge Robert E. Gerber (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2001-02)
Ilan D. Scharf
Mr. Scharf specializes in financial restructuring and bankruptcy litigation. He has experience representing debtors, creditors’ committees, equity holders, asset purchasers, trade creditors, chapter 11 trustees, and other parties in business reorganizations and related litigation. He has experience before bankruptcy courts in New York, Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Mr. Scharf was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in 2012. He is a graduate of Yeshiva University and received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. Mr. Scharf was a law clerk to the Honorable Robert E. Gerber in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. He is admitted to practice in New York, and is resident in our New York office.
- Chapter 11 trustee in Le-Nature’s Inc.
- Creditors’ committees in Flying J; Salander-O’Reilly Galleries; SIRVA, Inc.; Foss Manufacturing; Neff Corporation
- Chapter 11 debtors in General Media; conflicts counsel in Spiegel
- Equity holders in Elite Model Management Corporation; Meridian Automotive Systems; OOC Apparel
- Indenture trustee in Onco Financial Company; A.B. Dick Company; Curative Health Services
- Liquidating trustee in Dairy Mart Convenience Stores
- Stalking horse buyer/plan sponsor in Centennial Healthcare
- Landlords in Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.; Levitz Furniture
- Investors in cases against independent auditors in accountant liability cases
- Examiner in R. Esmerian, Inc.
- Cases Against Christian Brothers of Ireland Come From 17 States and CanadaMay 24, 2013
- May 2011
- M&A Advisor Fifth Annual Turnaround AwardsThe M&A Advisor, March 9, 2011
- 28 ABI Journal No. 2 (March 2009), March 2009
- Business Credit, October 2008
- Coauthor with R. Feinstein, "Update on the Role of Examiners in Chapter 11 Cases," 2004 Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law 421 (2004)
- Coauthor, "Mandamus Review in Bankruptcy Cases," 2003 Annual Review of Bankruptcy Law 187 (2003)