Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones LLP has developed a national healthcare insolvency specialty practice, representing a variety of restructuring participants, including debtors, governmental and private creditors, trustees, examiners, creditors committees, patient care ombudsmen, asset acquirers and sellers, both within the contexts of court proceedings (such as chapter 11 or chapter 9 bankruptcy cases) and out-of-court restructurings and workouts.
Out-of-Court Mergers & Acquisitions: The firm’s transactional group has represented both domestic and foreign clients, primarily in U.S.-based transactions. Attorneys of the firm have experience in the acquisition and sale of businesses outside of bankruptcy in a variety of industries, including hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare providers (including acquisition and financing transactions involving American Healthcare Management, City of Hope, Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital and Paracelsus Hospital Clinics), as well as a variety of retailers; manufacturers; and distributors in diverse industries. This expertise in healthcare industry-related transactions complements the firm’s national healthcare insolvency specialty practice (cases listed below), which has substantial experience in sales of distressed healthcare-related entities and assets.
- May 2015
- January 2014
- February 2013
- December 2012
- October 16, 2012
- August 2012
- March 2012
- Liquidating Plan Confirmed in Victor Valley Community Hospital; Creditors to Be Paid in Full With InterestMay 2011
- December 17, 2010
- December 2009
- Norton Bankruptcy Law Adviser (No. 12), December 2012
- From the ABI Column, "Intensive Care"30 ABI Journal 12 (No. 5 June 2011), June 2011
- 29 American Bankruptcy Institute Journal 18 (No. 7 Sept. 2010), September 2010
- 4 ABI Healthcare Committee Newsletter No. 4, August 2010
- Intensive Care29 ABI Journal 14, February 2010
- Intensive CareABI Journal, February 2009
- The Patient Care Ombudsman Comes to California26 California Health Law News 2 (No. 3 Winter 2009).
- 14th Annual American Bar Association Health Law Section Washington SummitWashington DC, December 13, 2016
- CARE 2014: Financial Literacy ConferenceIrving, Texas, September 11, 2014
- 22nd Annual ABI Southwest Bankruptcy ConferenceLas Vegas, September 5, 2014
- Seventh Annual Kellogg Turnaround Management ConferenceApril 25, 2013
- Pepperdine University School of LawMalibu, California, November 2, 2011