Bankruptcy Financing Disputes
Litigation over debtor-in-possession (DIP) and other bankruptcy financing is often one of the key issues in a bankruptcy case. This is partcularly true with credit agreements negotiated prebankruptcy, which may contain covenants and provisions that can dictate the course of the case. In fact, directing the course of the case is often precisely what such provisions such as roll-over, lock-up, and release are intended to achieve.
The firm has the sophistication and experience to litigate effectively when credit agreements threaten the interests of its clients. We have scored many notable successes on behalf of creditors' committees confronted at the outset of a case with credit agreements that would extinguish important rights.
- Funding a Chapter 11 CaseDecember 2012
- 2016 American Bankruptcy Institute Winter Leadership ProgramRancho Palos Verdes, CA, December 2, 2016
- 90th Annual National Conference of Bankruptcy JudgesSan Francisco, October 26, 2016
- 23rd Annual American Bankruptcy Institute Southwest Bankruptcy ConferenceLas Vegas, September 11, 2015
- Financial Poise webinarJuly 7, 2015