Business and Commercial Litigation
Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones is as adept in nonbankruptcy litigation as bankruptcy litigation. We represent plaintiffs and defendants in a multitude of state and federal court matters, including contract disputes, fraud actions, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, and unlawful business practices. We also have extensive experience bringing and defending motions for prejudgment remedies (e.g., receivership, attachment, claim and delivery). At the outset of any engagement, we thoroughly evaluate a case to help a client decide how best to apply its resources, whether it be aggressive litigation or creative settlement strategies.
Our litigators help clients navigate the complex world of employment law in discrimination lawsuits from both the plaintiff and defense sides, and we regularly handle ERISA issues in various litigation matters. Our employment lawyers work closely with client managers to develop programs to implement protocols to hopefully avoid litigation altogether.
Our insurance litigators specialize in the complex relationship between bankruptcy and state insurance insolvency proceedings, as well as helping debtors maximize their opportunity to reorganize successfully by working with captive insurance companies on complicated insurance programs and/or coverage issues. We regularly litigate insurance coverage disputes regarding reinsurance, D & O and environmental issues, and have a particular niche in the reorganization or liquidation of companies affected by mass asbestor claims (section 524 (g) of the Bankruptcy Code).
Nonbankruptcy litigation subpractice groups:
- Dave Barton and Gabriel Glazer instrumental in passage of billJuly 24, 2015
- Philadelphia Magazine, June 2014
- Century City Bar AssociationApril 9, 2014
- Los Angeles magazine, February 2014
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association 26th Annual ConferenceScottsdale, Arizona, November 7, 2014
- A practical skills and strategies program covering what you need to know and how to avoid the trapsLos Angeles, September 18, 2014